Friday, December 23, 2011

Of Motions and Words : Of Movies and Poetry


Raya Martin's Buenas Noches España
Shown in the Cine Adarna UP Diliman December 21-22, 2011
Synopsis:
In another lifetime, a Spanish couple takes drugs and teleports through their television set. A troubled young man travels through the countryside and meets a lost woman. During the trip, they discover a museum housing the expatriated paintings of the most important Filipino artist of the revolution. Eventually, the Spanish couple disappears toward their colony. Inspired by one of the earliest teleportation accounts, which happened between the Philippines and Mexico during the colonial period.
Facebook Event Here

Romance's Demise by Veronica Laurel

Let me see you tonight,
For tonight this romance will face it's demise
This informal engagement will strike the last toll of the bell
And I'll never be able to touch you again
Nor be able to keep my vows
I knew the end before it all began
But I won't let midnight come to pass
I'll crawl back to the prologue of the day we met
To the previous definition of my loneliness

End of first part out of three parts.

The poem is included in my Sorrow is the Romanticist's Necessary Affliction of the Soul Poetry Collection for 2011.

I saw the movie Buenas Noches España the other day after posting my Selected Poetry (2011) at the Ishmael Bernal Gallery in UP Diliman.
The movie was reminiscent of surreal music videos back in the 90s with a little bit of nostalgic touch of romance. This isn't your typical movie that is shown by local cinemas so it probably won't capture the taste of the masses but it is a breath of fresh air for those who hasn't seen any movie similar to it. Though the taking of drugs here is rather tolerated, we all know that drugs are bad for the health and well being. But people will have their issues and will choose their own poison. We all know which road to take and hopefully, our individual judgments are sound enough on what and what not to avoid and abuse.

My poetry selection are available at the Bernal Gallery til classes resume after the holidays. I cordially invite you to take a look at the artworks made by young artists displayed and also to take a glimpse of my poetry selection this year. Copies of my poetry is available on exhibit and are for sale at a price friendly to the pockets. Giving the wonders of Letter Arts this season will definitely be a breath of fresh air and perhaps a step up to Philippine independent literature. Give poetry as gifts. View my Poetry at the Ishmael Bernal Gallery here.


After visiting the gallery you can easily go to Cine Adarna and watch the film since the theatre is just behind the gallery.

16 comments:

  1. I hope that they are open also during holiday so we can visit the place at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gallery! I hope It still is there when I go back on January so that I could visit it with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. feelings are best expressed in poems, i have a collection of poems and fibonacci that i personally composed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poem is easy to compose, but poetry is a different thing. Poetry is a more complicated subject. There are limitations to keep. When I was a grader particularly a grade five pupils, I wrote a poem about a girl whom I developed an intense liking of her. That's the beginning of my interest on writing. There's rhythm in poem writing. When you do it perfectly, you're just writing a song.

    Gil Camporazo's latest blog:   G'BORJZ : Original Song Compositions

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a good poet . nice one . i wish i can make poem like you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to write poems back in high school and grade school. There are poems that took me less than an hour to write and there are poems that took me a week to finish. I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll tell my friends so that we could visit the gallery soon. :) I got excited after reading this post. Thanks for sharing!:)
    *sad part is I have no talent in making poems but i do appreciate good ones like yours :)Kudos!
    - sionee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna visit the gallery. Hope this will be open till next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could visit the place but unfortunately I am currently miles away from Pinas. Thanks for sharing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I have visited any gallery but this made me wanna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this. I think I should pay a visit to the Gallery and see a movie at Cine Adarna! I am so excited! www.travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to write poems back then..From crushes to life frustrations..this made me want to write again

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really admire poets. I have had classes on poetry in UP but I can never call myself one :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. if not in poems, I usually express myself more through a song.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely poem, I admire your for having such great talent. :)

    ReplyDelete