Monday, June 27, 2011

Sloth


That’s the word…
The sin… (Click the word "sin" for definition)
The emotion that most of my contemporaries are prone to experience and commit, for the rarest time in my life I am under its spell.
Or the animal, which is considered to be the slowest moving mammal in the world.

I don’t remember what happened in the past few weeks but I’ve travelled quite a lot which ironically made me feel so idle. Or I am once again procrastinating?
Although I’ve made a pledge to write more and start some of my projects, once again, my well calculated scrupulous schedule sank down the drain. No surprise there.
Since a friend of mine will leave for Australia for half a year, my friends, terrified of not seeing her for a long time, panicked and have decided to see each other more often.
If once a week wasn’t enough. As the youngest of the group (All of them at least 32 years old) I took it as my duty to schedule our meetings, dates, adventures and even ob-gyne and dental appointments. Emergency meetings also seem to fall under my department…
But recently I’ve abandoned the responsibility so they’ve been trying to organize things by themselves since I’m awfully swamped with other things to do.

Such excellent taste has directed us to visit the Pinto Art Museum in Antipolo City.
I’ve been dying to go to that Museum for weeks, there was also an earlier schedule of me going there with other friends but was tragically cancelled due to laziness, also associated with sloth.

 
After an art and culture filled weekend the next weekend was spent in Olongapo City where I thought I would be able to work on my projects and writing backlogs.
I spent it eating and preparing raw vegan food, which isn’t really a bad compromise but the progress of my work is of course on halt.

Seeing different set of friends is sort of exhausting… I miss myself.
I think I need to be isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment